The speech was given by Paul Denlinger, a veteran business consultant. Below are the key points of his speech:
- Don’t love your own idea, listen to counter opinions
- Chinese companies are more founder centric rather than investor centric. That is why Chinese companies are usually driven by personality
- In order to build the scale of a company, you have to build the trust first
- The core team of a company usually consists of 3 people: a technology person, a product person and a business expert
- Build business eco-system
- Hire a strong advisory board. Give them generous stock option, for example, 1 per cent per person.