前一段时间有机会看海灵格到台湾的家庭系统排列的实际操作录像，着实吃了一惊。里面有一段是海灵格面对自闭症儿童和他母亲，海灵格说“你不要看他是（自闭症）, he knows everything"（这句话我听的目瞪口呆），一阵演练后（演练本是重点，但叙述起来颇繁琐，这里就不细说了），那个孩子似乎活跃了点，海灵格说他（病症）好多了。
1、维基百科：从他经历上来看，他的主要背景是牧师和中学教师。有长期跨文化经历（到非洲祖鲁）。由于资料需要进一步核实（his section needs additional citations for verification.），只能作为一个简单的了解。
Incest Hellinger's position on Incest that the perpetrator should not be punished is regarded as questionable in the therapeutic community and is summarized by this quote taken from one of his recent books -
"Now about incest. If you are confronted with cases of incest, a very common dynamic is that the wife withdraws from her husband, she refuses a sexual relationship. Then, as a kind of compensation, a daughter takes her place. This is an unconscious movement, not a conscious one. But you see, with incest there are two perpetrators, one in the background and one in the open. You cannot resolve that unless this hidden perpetrator is brought in. There are very strange sentences that come to light. The daughter can tell her mother, "I do it for you." And she can tell her father, "I do it for mother." What is the effect of these sentences? Incest cannot go on anymore. If you want to stop it, this is the best way without any accusations.
If you bring a perpetrator to justice, then the victim will atone for what is done to the perpetrator."
Hellinger goes on to tell a story of an incest/abuse victim who became suicidal, because the perpetrator was prosecuted. 
Other controversial positions taken by Hellinger
- A breast cancer victim may secretly want to die due to a woman's unconscious "war with her mother."
- Homosexuality often results because a boy must assume the feelings of a deceased sister when there are no female siblings in the family to do it.
- Rape and incest create a bond; the perpetrator must receive "due respect" before the victim can bond with another.
- Punishment of an incest perpetrator should be avoided as it could create suicidal feelings in the victim.
- A victim can end incest by saying to her mother, "I do it for you," and to her father, "I do it for my mother."
2、google scholar 海灵格被引用最多的书籍（98年的著作）是31次（英文版）和97次（德文版）。书是98年出的，这个引用数字不多，再仔细查阅会发现有一些是相互引用及他的弟子引用的。引用他图书的文章本身被引用次数也不高（未被学术影响程度高的图书或文章引用）。
如果用google scholar查国内另两个传播较广的家庭疗法代表人物，萨提亚（virginia satir), 她83年的著作被引用次数达到1387次，米钮钦( minuchin)1977年的著作更是达到了4593次。
或许更有可比性的是leslie s Greenberg，他的情绪聚焦疗法被用于夫妻治疗中，发表时间更接近。google schloar的结果显示引用此书最多的两篇为948次（第二作者）和532次（第一作者）。后面一个更有说服力，因为同样是图书，时间也相仿（1996年，海灵格是1998年）。